Preparing Your Shipment
The majority of our shipments are received through the post office by registered or insured mail. UPS or Motor Freight are used to ship the larger refining shipments such as floorsweeps and polishing dust.
We encourage you to RECYCLE our product boxes (shown at top right) when you send us your scrap.
We also have FREE trash can size boxes available for your polishings and sweeps. Just call 800-759-9997 and ask for a small or large size sweeps box shown in photo at right.
Box Dimensions in Inches:
Large Box: 31 x 16 x 16 (holds up to 60 lbs of sweeps)
Small Box: 18 x 10 x 10 (holds up to 15 lbs of sweeps)
These heavy-duty boxes come with plastic liners and include FREE and insured shipping labels for your convenience.
Please include a REFINING CHAIN OF CUSTODY FORM with your shipment. This completed form, available on our website, will expedite the processing of your refining shipment.
- Free FedEx 2Day® Shipping is limited to $25 per package.
- The customer will incur charges for shipping charges over $25 per package and/or karat scrap sent that is less than 1oz.
- Free FedEx 2Day® Shipping is insured for $15,000 per package.
- In the event of loss, claims compensation is limited to 75% of customer estimated value.
- If you estimate the value of your scrap at more than $15,000, please distribute it and send it in multiple packages.
Please follow these packaging guidelines:
- Double plastic bag and seal your material securely.
- Place into a secure box with a completed REFINING CHAIN OF CUSTODY FORM, including AML info, or include a letter with all pertinent information (Make a copy for your records)
- Label the outside of your box clearly with your name and address or use the FREE downloadable shipping label from our website.
- Mark "RUSH" on the OUTSIDE of the BOX for RUSH SERVICE if needed (sweeps excluded). Address your shipment to: Hoover & Strong, 10700 Trade Rd., N. Chesterfield, VA 23236. No need to mark the package to anyone's attention. All packages come to our refining division.
- Drop into the mail.
If you use our FREE Shipping Label, tape the shipping label on the outside of your package and leave it with your FedEx driver or drop-off point.